Spec Formula Junior

To: "Gail/Sid deLeon" <deleon@sstar.com>, "Mark Hirt"
Subject: Spec Formula Junior
From: "Wally Strzelec" <Wally@Tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:59:04 -0600
From: "Gail/Sid deLeon" <deleon@sstar.com>
> What is Spec Formula Junior?

When I had the same question last May, here is what Howard told me.

-Wally

------- cut here ----------

Wally,

The FJ program has been purposely loose to accomodate whatever driver/kart
combinations might be in a particular area.

Spec Formula Junior are the karts we started with which are stock 5 hp
Briggs and Strattons running on gas. All the other types of engine
combinations get captured under the Formula Junior banner based on the WKA
rules. This obviously presents some inequities. If we have multiple karts of
a particular type we can break those out on an as needed basis. We are
basically letting the marketplace drive the class structure and give the
kids a recreational opportunity, rather than establishing a firm classing
structure.

I suspect this is a MUCH fuzzier answer than you might like, but so far this
approach has worked OK.

H.

Howard Duncan
SCCA Rally/Solo Project Manager