Re: Stock shock rules rewrite?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock shock rules rewrite?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:26:16 EST
In a message dated 1/12/02 8:36:10 PM Pacific Standard Time, dan@zrracing.com
writes:

> Take away the grippy tires and the high dollar shocks will become less
> effective.  Think how much cheaper that would be.

This has been bandied about for years, and usually dismissed as unworkable.
I think it's "less unworkable" than stock shocks with sticky tires.  Another
thing that would help in regulating "stock shocks" is if we can figure out a
way to accept shock dyno results as proof in a protest situation, as opposed
to cutting shocks apart.

The Stock community would have to accept that the Tire Exclusion List might
be updated more frequently, making someone's (probably some opportunistic
competitor's) tires illegal.  We'd also have to have a rule prohibiting
traction treatments on tires, IMHO...

Charlie