Re: NASCAR Driver Origins (was Tahrs)

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: NASCAR Driver Origins (was Tahrs)
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:41:56 -0600
"You Betcha"  Dave Marcis, originally from the acknowledged car capitol of
the world, Wausau, WI, just retired after running his 33rd Daytona.  The
last of the true privateers, and the end of the line of old school divers.
Dave was competitive in his last race, but debris caused overheating (did
you see all that garbage on the track!?) and put him out early.  I was
fortnuate enough to attend his retirement party and to watch the 125's from
his pit wall.  (Dave's first stock car, a 1957 Chevy was re-created by some
of his freinds in Wausau, and was presented to him at the party.  Pretty
cool.) Not a big NASCAR fan myself, but I admit this was pretty neat!

>I don't expect that every NASCAR team member and
> official is Southern.  Some of them have even been
> cheeseheads^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Wisconsinites.

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI