RE: Nitrous Safety (long version)

To: "'GSMnow@aol.com'" <GSMnow@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Nitrous Safety (long version)
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:48:25 -0600
The far more real concern is the high pressure bottle. To save weight many
Nitrous bottles are thin wall, aluminum, even carbon fibre. The safety
margin
of these bottles is no where near what is required of welding gasses.
=============================
SHENANIGANS!!!!  I call BS. Where's your proof of this?  Do you really think
that companies like NOS, Edelbrock, Compucar, etc would knowingly put out
unsafe products?

It is just loike any other rule, SCCA says no compressed gasses, we have to
abide by that.
============================
What about FSAE cars in AM that use high pressure cylinders (I saw one at a
KC event with over 1100 psi in it) to run their air shifters???  Those are
most definitely 100% legal for use in Solo2 events.

Don't mean to poke anybody in the eye, but what you said here is most
definitely not 100% gospel.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T (see-dan)
1995 Plymouth Sport Coupe (coop)