Re: Florida Bill-UPDATE!

To: Michael King <mapco@att.net>
Subject: Re: Florida Bill-UPDATE!
From: JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:09:49 -0500
Mike (et al):

I have also talked with Carlos at Rep Arza's office, and with a very
helpful young lady named Leah Barber-Heinz who works for our local Rep,
Loranne Ausley.  I left messages with both of them, but as you alluded, I
don't know how much impact that will have.

We had our monthly chapter meeting last night, and decided that we'd craft
a letter to go to all four Reps for this area, plus Mr. Arza, plus the
Senators involved with that bill.  I'll copy you in on it, Mike, and you
can feel free to "plagiarize" any parts of it you want to use.

We also discussed going to the Capitol for a face-to-face meeting.  That
may happen, if we can get appointments with the right folks.  One of our
members sort of works at the legislature (name witheld to protect the
innocent), and he is going to try to find out who and when we can see.
Again, I'll get back in touch with you there.

Being the shy, retiring type that I am, I emailed Steve Johnson about all
this, requesting guidance, assistance, anything.  I got an answer this
morning.  Steve (we're old buddies now) says that he's meeting with their
attorney and with the National Motorsports Council about these bills.  In
his words, "We will not let this happen."  I say, "Good on ya, Steve!"

So, that's the news from this end.  Will keep y'all posted on developments.

Peace, Love & Pushrods-
JD Kemp