Getting to legislators

To: autox@autox.team.net, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Getting to legislators
From: James Rogerson <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:53:16 -0600
After seeing all the posts on contacting various legislators, I have to
interject.

If you talk to the chief AIDE, you have talked to the legislator.  If you
piss off the AIDE, you've ruined your case.  The legislator votes the way
the aides tell them, period.  We never begin work directly with a
legislator unless a topic comes up in a semi-social atmosphere.  Sometimes
we do, sometimes they do.  But the AIDE is the person(s) that make or break
deals.

So call them back, take them to lunch, show them the video.  Then you'll
get the audience with the pope.

You're welcome.  8^)

Offer them a ride in ANY car they want at your next event, come see what we
do at the least, find out if they have a teenage driver in the family, get
them a ride, show them a good time.  This is an acceptable inducement,
dinner and drinks afterward would be nice.

James Rogerson
  [FP #125] - Techless Racing
jwalter@ptra.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"When law and morality contradict one another, the citizen has the cruel
alternative of either losing his sense of morality or losing his respect
for the law."  - Federic Bastiat