Re: Ok, This is how we deal with the shock issue

To: <TeamZ06@aol.com>, <alextzi@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Ok, This is how we deal with the shock issue
From: SVPViper@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:45:08 EST
Yeah... I guess my deal with this is exactly what Mark is saying... if it is a
predetermined list... it is all in the wording... which can easily sway people
to choose things that may 'sound' good... but have no understanding of they
have just chosen.

There is nothing wrong with member input... but putting words in there mouths
probably isn't right.

Why not... have the proposed shock rule listed on feedback cards... that they
could choose to fill out at the event... and turn in afterwards... this way you
would still get overwhelming responses, however the terminalogy would be in
each competitor's own words.

Then you can try to group them... best as possible... and see if there is any
kind of general consensus.  Much like writing a letter would do on its own
merit.

Predetermined answers are NOT a good thing... what if the entire Nation thinks
1" is to small a variance... I doubt the 'poll' will have a 1" or GREATER... or
a 'within 2" of stock length'  obviously this is an exaggerated example... but
hopefully you see my point.

Peace,

Dave Schotz

My next favorite Place: www.SCCAForums.com