Forwarded: Re: SS, AS, BS who cares

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Re: SS, AS, BS who cares
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:21:16 -0700 (MST)
For some reason this was sent to me rather than autox@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: DHutter@aol.com
     Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:22:14 EST
     Subject: Re: SS, AS, BS who cares

     Everybody seems to only be concerned with these classes, The Corvettes
that are a couple of years old are put in a different class so they don't
have to compete against new Z06's.  I say let them run together like they
have done in FS with Camero's, Mustang's and Firebird's, Do you really think
an older one of these cars can compete with the New Cars in FS ?. But do we
create a new class for them, NO.
     Most of the older Camero, Mustang and Firebird V8 cars would have a hard
time competing with their newer version V6's in GS.
     Let's face it, the fact is that no matter what is done to the classes,
some will be happy and some will not.  Like the old saying goes " You can
please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the
time"
     What's the answer ? Simple, there isin't one.  We have people who work
very hard to find a solution that works, we may not be happy with what comes
out of the mix but we have to live with it. Maybe to keep everybody happy we
need to add about 10 more classes, or perhaps it's time to come up with
actual " Spec Classes " like they have in road racing.  Look at the new Spec
miata class, everybody runs the same tires, shocks, sway bars etc. I think
this would be a great idea in autocross,  it would certainly be a way of
putting some kind of a cap on spending.
     Well, I don't know about the rest of you but I feel better now after
typing this, Blast away if you must, I have broad shoulders.

Dave Hutter - Pres.
Gulfcoast Autocrossers
E/S Miata - current
F/S 85 Mustang - retired
S/M 76 Mustang Cobra II - maybe sometime in the future