Re: Season Points Software?

To: "Mike Clarke" <mcmustang@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Season Points Software?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:54:59 -0600
Just use a basic spreadsheet. Excel, Lotus, Works, etc.

Set up a column for class, first name, last name, car, and one for each
event, and a totals column formatted to add all the event columns. Add in a
Region or Hometown or any other info columns you want. You can sort by last
names, by points, or by whatever column you choose. There are utilities
where you can include text boxes and graphics, boldface column headers, etc.
if you want. My wife, who does our (award-winning!) newsletter, uses her
spreadsheet to make the events results pages for the newsletter. She doesn't
need its mathematical capabilities for that, it just makes for a neater
look.

I'm the Pointskeeper for the Midwest Division's Mid-Am Championship, and for
six years was the MiDiv National Pointskeeper. I use Excel. It sorts by up
to three columns at a time, so if I sort by lastname>total>class I get a
list that has everyone in points order, alphabetically for those tied,
within their own classes.

--Rocky Entriken