Re: MAZDASPEED Protege

To: Jeff Lundgren <lundgrenj@groupbuycenter.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MAZDASPEED Protege
From: Kenny Motonishi <kmotonishi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:44:48 -0800 (PST)
  If I recall correctly we're talking about a T25
Garrett ball bearing turbo that spools up fast. So
even with 170hp I'd bet the down low torque will be
quite hearty.
  Kinda like VW's 1.8T. One could say, geez, only 180
hp, but then remember the thing has 174lb/ft of torque
at 1950 rpm (and flat thereafter for several thousand
rpms).
  As to whether Type-R drivers should be scared, I
donno about that.....
  Speaking of turbos, how about the Audi RS6? 450hp
and 413 lb/ft torque way down low....

        ken  99 Miata CS

--- Jeff Lundgren <lundgrenj@groupbuycenter.com>