Any JACircuits for sale???

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, autox.officials@topica.com,
Subject: Any JACircuits for sale???
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:08:20 -0500
Atlanta SCCA suffered a big loss, last week, when someone broke into our
trailer and stole our generators, microphones and JACircuits timing
system plus other various and sundry items.

Does any club out there have a JACircuits timing system that they no
longer need and would like to sell it to us quickly (we have a 2-day
event scheduled for April 13-14? If that is too quick, don't worry,
Alabama region SCCA is willing to loan us their system for this weekend
(a big thanks to Alabama region).

BTW the trailer was being stored in a Ryder truck lot with a chain-link
fence topped with barbed wire. But these geniuses cut a hole in the fence
about 25' from our trailer and beat the locks off the door and helped
themselves to our stuff. The problem was that the side they broke into
was in the shade and beside a truck that shielded the thieves from view
from passing patrol cars. We've since moved the trailer to a more lighted
spot right next to the road the police patrol all the time.

We are taking measures to secure our door openings in ways that will make
thievery VERY difficult, barring cutting gaping holes in the sides or top
of our trailer. Hopefully, making breaking in difficult will encourage
thieves to look for easier prey, elsewhere.

The sad part is that Police, these days, look upon this stuff as just
normal hum-drum petty crime. They won't even bother to dust for prints or
look for the items stolen as ways to catch the thieves. Unless they catch
the thieves in action, nothing is done to find them. Certainly a
JACircuits timing system showing up in a pawn shop would be a HUGE clue
to catch these people.

Ben Thatcher
http://ApexBenefits.biz