BMW Wheels Stolen

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: BMW Wheels Stolen
From: BobTunnell@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:35:42 EDT
[cross posting to team.net, E36M3, E46M3, rmsolo, and rmc-bmwcca lists]

Rotten news from the Topeka ProSolo...

Sometime during the night Friday (4/12/02) thieves broke into our enclosed
trailer parked right outside the AmeriSuites Hotel (SW 6th, near Wannamaker)
and stole two sets of wheels with Hoosiers for the 2001 BMW M3 we're driving
this year.

One was a set of Fikse FM5 (5-spoke) wheels, 18" x 8" and 18" x 9" with a 120
x 5 bolt pattern mounted with sticker 245/35/18 and 285/30/18 Hoosier A3S03's.

The other set of wheels were Mille Miglia Sport (5-spoke) also 18" x 8" and
18" x 9" with a 120 x 5 bolt pattern mounted with used 245/35/18 and
275/35/18 Hoosier A3S03's.

The brain surgeons moved aside our aluminum floor jack, 35mm camera gear, and
video camera gear, and completely ignored two tool boxes sitting right next
to the door.  Honda Spree scooter wasn't touched and they made no attempt to
steal the M3.  They just wanted wheels.

On Thursday night at the same hotel, they jerks apparently attempted to break
into another trailer belonging to Iain Mannix and Kevin Wenzel.  The padlock
(same size as mine) on their trailer had marks from a bolt cutter, but they
couldn't bite through it.  Evidently they bought a bigger pair of bolt
cutters and came back on Friday night.  They also covered yet another trailer
with graffiti.

Please spread the word and be on the lookout for these wheels which will
probably pop up for sale somewhere.  Also, if you're planning on attending
any events in Topeka and staying at the AmeriSuites Hotel (one of the nicer
hotels in the "safer" part of town), I'd put pressure on hotel management to
get some freekin' security since they obviously now have a significant
problem.

If you have any leads on our wheels, please contact me at
bobt@tunnellracing.com or bobtunnell@aol.com.

Thank you,

Bob Tunnell

PS.  If this sounds familiar, yes, it was 10 years ago this month our race
car and trailer were stolen from the Marriott Hotel in San Diego.