Re: What SCCA class for a Skyline

To: "Gabriel Boehm" <gabriel@boehm.net>
Subject: Re: What SCCA class for a Skyline
From: Kevin Stevens <kevin_stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:58:25 -0700
On Saturday, April 13, 2002, at 11:18 , Gabriel Boehm wrote:

> I am considering purchasing a "gray market" Skyline from MotoRex. I was
> wondering what class it will fall in for Solo 2. It will be running in a
> stock configuration. (So I would like it to fall into a stock class if
> possible)

A Skyline would not normally be eligible to compete in SCCA Solo 2
events, at least in the Stock or Street Prepared classes.  It does not
meet the eligibility requirement of being produced for road use in the
United States (same problem the Elise has).

You can petition the SEB for exemption from that requirement, and
classification (which I earnestly hope they wouldn't approve).
Alternately, the SM class asserts that their intent is to allow cars
from any country of origin.  By my reading there is nothing in the rules
to permit that, but you might want to investigate further.

KeS