Re: SM2 at Topeka

To: bthatch@juno.com
Subject: Re: SM2 at Topeka
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@winchell.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:30:52 -0700 (PDT)
bthatch@juno.com wrote:

> I just noticed that we have 15 drivers in SM2 at this point.

> The interesting thing is that only 8 regular EM entries show up, so far.
> So, which class is struggling for survival?

<BG>

SM and SM2 will draw drivers many classes that aren't serving the SM/SM2
audience. ESP,
BP, CP, EM, DSP, CSP are being affected... at least in terms of quantity.
Though the top
quality cars/drivers in those classes will still be there because most don't
want to take
the chance on the unknown results of entering a car in SM or SM2.

Though the championship in Topeka is an anomaly. Class entry numbers are
heavily biased
towards what's popular in the midwest, and the ability to find good competition
in classes
that normally have *very* few entrants locally.