RE: SM2 at Topeka

To: marka@telerama.com
Subject: RE: SM2 at Topeka
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@winchell.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:28:34 -0700 (PDT)
>> I don't know. Maybe I'll test that theory by running my ESP car with
>> 17x11 wheels running DOT tires in CP. I'm not that great a driver but
>> if I pick it up a 1/2 second, I could wind up trophying in CP...
>> never mind the 4 co-drivers I've had this year who would all easily trophy
>> in CP in my ESP car.
>
>>> Not to mention that in the situation you describe the car would be
>>>legal.
>
>> Nope. Not with 17" rims... which slow the car down by raising the
>> center of gravity.

>What does your car weigh?

3130

>What motor?

32V aluminum DOHC Cobra motor with aftermarket fuel injection (all the things
that CP
hates<s>).

>> The problem isn't that the rule that makes no sense is followed, it's
>> that CP people ACTIVELY campaigned to keep this rule that makes no
>> sense as well as the many other anti-technology rules that CP
>> embraces. No wonder Fordahl's car pummelled Janish's in '99.

>The rule makes plenty of sense.  Go price some 17" slicks

The rule proposal said SP cars running on ***DOT*** tires could run wider than
P legal
wheel widths. I also said DOT tires countless times in messages on the CP
thread back then
as well on this list. Not that anyone listens.

****

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, not the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change."  -- Charles Darwin