impound

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: impound
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:00:13 -0500
Why don't we have a pre-event impound of 15 minutes to let the competition
inspect and protest each other, then allow protested cars to compete?  I think
most competetors know which cars are illegal in their class long before they
run.  Rules should be for all competetors, and not just for the trophy
winners.  Protests would be for DSQ only, with no time penalties.  Something
you can fix in the 15 minute impound would let you run without protest.  If
you are protested and also in the trophies after the event you can appeal.
That lets "good faith" competetors fix something, and catches the cheaters,
even the also-rans.  Also, the drivers who normally protest after the fact
will have to decide who is going to beat them before they run.  No protests by
competetors after the 15 minute impound.

Leisure Suit Terry