RE: Late to grid

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Late to grid
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:52:09 -0400
Kevin wrote:
>>You can do whatever you want as long as your car's ass is there on time.
It's really not that much of a problem.
<<

This really is a problem of enforcement not concept. Let's say that I ran
3rd heat. Give me the time of day that I would need to report to South
course on Thursday to avoid being late. Ya can't, can ya? Why, because until
3rd heat runs I cannot possibly know when 30 minutes prior to that time is.
The idea of making sure everyone is ready to go before the heat starts is a
fine one, but penalizing those who miss an unestablishable deadline is not.
Thankfully the protest committtee had the wisdom to issue warnings and not
to disqualify anyone for the infraction of an unenforceable rule.

Regards,
Alan "I am thinking of a number between 1 and 60 can you guess it?" Pozner