Re: UPS stories Was custom swaybars

To: TeamZ06@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: UPS stories Was custom swaybars
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:17:29 -0700 (PDT)
I had an experience with UPS once when I ordered 4
tires from Tirerack.  Not coincidentally, it happened
the week that Bill, our driver who we know on a first
name basis, was on vacation.  We somehow got the first
bundle (2 tires) on time but the other two didn't
come.  We then called them up and they said it would
ship out the next day.  The next day it didn't come
and we called again and they said the same thing.  The
next day, Bill came back in town and we caught him
driving through the neighborhood, where we got his
bosses phone number.  They said we could go pick them
up at the HUB the next day.  I drive down to the HUB
and spend about 30 min. waiting for them to find the
tires, and they were nowhere to be found.  Luckily,
Bill spotted them that morning (in an area designated
for another truck) and threw them on the truck for us.
 How can such a large, complex company not have a
better way to tracking the packages?

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines