Letter to SEB/ Miata in AP

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Letter to SEB/ Miata in AP
From: LOTUSRCN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:14:24 EDT
       First let me tell you that I own a Lotus Elan and run in AP. So I have
a vested interest on what happens in AP. I feel that the Miata should be in
AP. I felt that the car should have been there from the start. We would
welcome the Miata to AP. Provide we look at the whole class and not just the
Miata.

       The Miata with the new technology would be at an unfair advantage for
the cars currently listed in AP if given the extra rim width and weight
advantage. I agree with the weights as written in Fast Track if the are some
allowance for the Lotus in AP. Our weight was move up when the AP and FP were
merged many years ago.( I think it was in 1996 if my memory serves me
correctly) I would like see them go back to the way there were prior to the
merge. T/C. Europa 1400 lb. Vs 1470 the Elan 1400 lb. Vs 1470 lb. Super 7
with 1498 (2 webers) 1225 lb. Vs 1286 lb. 7a to 845 lb. from 887 lb.

       The wheel on the Miata should be limited to 8" wide rim, as well the
other cars listed in AP should be allowed 8" wide rim. As the rules state now
the Max rim size for most of the cars listed is 14 X 7 or 15 X 7.5 for the
1800 TVR. I also feel that the Max. limit for all other normally aspirated
cars should be up to 5.1 liter should be
 8 "and weight 2050 lb., 5.1 liter or larger should be 10" and weight 2250
lb. Turbo or Supercharged any displacement should be 10" wide rims and 2250
lb.

       Lets make this a level playing field for everybody, not just the
selected few cars.

Robbie Robinson
SoPac Solo II Steward