RE: Miata front swaybar

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Miata front swaybar
From: "Paul Andrews" <emosound@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:54:47 -0400
Thank you to everyone who responded to my question, most of you
privately.  I ended up ordering a smaller bar than I thought I would.
The more I heard what experienced drivers were running, the more it
became apparent that 1" was too big.  Currently, my 94 non-R,
Torsen-equipped car oversteers under power, but is pretty nice
everywhere else.  I certainly don't want the car to push, but I can't
drive it loose.  So, 7/8" is what I decided on.
Now, to find it.  Since I had dealt with them several times before, I
called and asked Flyin' Miata if the 7/8" bar they list for the 90-93
fits.  They said no, the bar dimensions are a little different.  But, I
was put on hold for a minute, and then told they had a one-off piece: a
7/8" bar to fit the 94, with 2 adjustment holes.  Perfect!
So, soon I'll have my "custom" swaybar!
Thanks everybody, your input was invaluable!
-Paul

See the table at http://members.aol.com/solomiata/swaybar.html for
idea's (the table is based on 3-4 times the spring rate of a SP car so
move the cells one column over to be more accurate for Stock). i.e. In
the old CS days of '90-95 people would typically run a 20mm if they
liked it a little loose, a 7/8" front bar if they liked it neutral or a
15/16" if they liked it a little pushy.

Randy