Subject: Re: Gauges in stock?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: Re: Gauges in stock?
From: "Kevin Venisnik" <kvenisn@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:37:46 -0700
Here is the link to this mod.  When I try to click on the link to the
specifics I get a message they've exceeded server limits try again in an
hour.

The problem with 3rd Gen RX-7's is that the temp gauge quickly warms to the
center of the range and stays there till it's just about too late.  I guess
Mazda did this to cut back on complaints about the cars running hot.  This
link is specific to the 3rd gen RX-7 and linearizes the gauge response but
the same concept might work for any gauge, but I am certainly not smart
enough to figure out how.

http://www.geocities.com/sdrx7_club/technical.html

Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@clubrx.org> wrote

Modern RX-7 dash temp gauges are like this (fortunately I've got an
older RX-7 :), the needle goes to the center two minutes after the
engine's running and stays there until it starts to melt. There's a way
to defeat this but I do not know it off the top of my head, but at least
you know there's something to search for.