Re: Bump Order Question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bump Order Question
From: Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@clubrx.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:08:59 -0500
Jon Byrne wrote:

> I was wondering why some classes aren't part of the "food chain" for
> bumping purposes.
>
> The light turnout at our event this weekend left me alone in GS and needing
> to bump all the way to CS.  Now, FS was full, and I beat a couple of them,
> so I figured that was my bump, but no.  Why does FS come in from the side
> of the order and why can't I bump into it?
>
> Thanks,

The classes, especially the "later" letter classes, aren't sequential.
Imagine if H stock bumped into G stock! Man, I'd love to be in the Echo
sent out to beat the V6 and turbo 4s in G stock. ;) When there got to be
a lot of fast fwd sedans they had to do something with them, since they
don't handle like RWD cars and were faster than the little coupes in
(back then) E stock.

Besides, trying to find logic in the classing system is a good way to go
looking for an aneurysm. :-D
--
---
Electricity: Electrons in motion.

Road racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something
salty.
                - Peter Egan
-