SSS logbooks Was: Tire Warming

To: "John Lieberman" <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Subject: SSS logbooks Was: Tire Warming
From: "Knuckledragger" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:13:36 -0600
> A truly silly proposition if you ask me.  What's the justification and
> where's the need for this?  Really?

So don't use it if you don't want to.  Some people have complained that
they couldn't remember which events they had worked during the past year
when it came time to renew their SSS license.  Now they'll have a place
to keep track of those events - SHOULD they choose to do so.
Perhaps I missed something, again.  ;^)   Is the proposal for the return of
the logbook (even if merely a page in the back of the Solo2 rule book) a
mandatory ingredient to being renewed as a SSS?  In other words, will I have
to supply dates and event info with my renewal form or will I simply be able
check the "Yes I'd like to renew my SSS license" box?

I'm not trying to be contrary, well, no more than usual anyway.  Rather I
just find it curious that I am allowed to extricate unconscious people from
burning cars as a pack of other race cars whiz by me at 100+ mph (what a bad
day at the track that would be) all without the need for any sort of annual
logbook, but for the parking lot races with one car on track at a time
(relatively speaking) I might need to keep one.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon STS #69
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger
"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining,
but wants it back the minute it begins to rain."
Mark Twain