Car disinfectant?

To: "Autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car disinfectant?
From: "Knuckledragger" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 07:12:02 -0600
Can anyone recommend a good product to use on a car's interior to kill off
mold & mildew?

1st Generation Neons are notorious for leaking tail light assemblies.  And
carpeting that gets wet in the trunk as a result of this often goes
unnoticed by the driver but can obviously grow mold & mildew.  Those with
terrible allergies to said mold & mildew, like me, spend years trying to
figure out exactly what it is that's triggering their allergies year 'round.
Suddenly the wind changes direction and in that brief moment of clarity we
have a mild brain storm, finally putting 2 & 2 together and deciding that it
must be the car that's offending our noses all the live-long year.

So, can anyone recommend a product to use on automotive carpeting and
upholstery to kill mold & mildew but not ruin the material?

My nose thanks you in advance.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon STS #69
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger
"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining,
but wants it back the minute it begins to rain."
Mark Twain