Home Page Attack

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Home Page Attack
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:05:32 -0500
Thank you one and all for the hints on how to defeat the Sniper Home Page.
I downloaded Ad Aware as was suggested. It found all sorts of little
gremlins hiding here and there on my hard drive and isolated them into a
little hole of their own.

I also found a little tutorial if you will, at the bottom of the  Search
Accurate home page. It instructed me to go to the pull down menues at the
top of the home page: Select View, and under that Toolbar. The home page had
installed itself on a line in there with a check mark but no identifier.
Click on it to erase the check mark, then go to Tools/Internet Options and
reset the home page you want.

No wonder I couldn't identify the program that was inserting the Search
Accurate home page. It didn't have a name attached. I hate these sneaky
folks. How come they didn't get killed in the dot.com meltdown?

Y'all always come to the rescue.

Larry Steckel
Computer literate as long as the mouse works!!!