Re: New Car Classing

Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:07:29 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

Hey, so I can sympathize with you with the Cooper S getting classed into
GS.  Seems like a potential overdog to me too.

But this...

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Charles wrote:
> Re: Our prep costs: shocks - $3K
> 5 sets of racing tires, mounting and balancing - 3.5K
> 3 sets of racing wheels -1.6K
> 5 alignments -.5K
> entry fees, travel costs, lost income, T&T schools, etc. to get  enough seat
> time to get familiar with the car through the 2002 season for 2 drivers >6K,
> so actually 10K was an underestimate.

... is total crap.

Tires, entry fees, travel costs, lost income, schools, etc. don't count.
They're consumables & driver training, not car related stuff.

You also get to count one alignment.  After the first one, learn to do it
yourself.  Then it costs $0.

You also decided to get $3k shocks and three sets of wheels.  You
certainly didn't _have_ to.

Mark