Re: Recent Action by Dennis Grant

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Recent Action by Dennis Grant
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:06:27 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Patrick Washburn wrote:
> I learned a long time ago, these "communities" are dictatorial empires
> that can be run in any way the owner pleases.  If he don't like the
> color of your hair, he can ban you.  Hell, I may be banned for all I
> know.  My telling you this doesn't mean I support it, nor do I agree
> with it. I can't comment on this particular situation, nor am I
> agreeing or dis-agreeing with you personally because as previously
> stated:  I don't care what happens on other lists.
>
> You obviously feel very strongly about it...Why don't you get all the
> SM subscribers together and un-subscribe from his list enmass?  That
> would be pretty effective in sending him a message I think, and it
> wouldn't require the help of us at team.net at all.

That's pretty much my take on it too as another outsider.

Seems like if this move is as horrifying as you suggest, then the other SM
competitors can handle it.  Hell, _anyone_ can start a yahoo group.  Start
one and promote it.  If Dennis ban's you (which I think would be
unlikely), you could promote it here as well.

Unlike lots of people, I've met and am friendly with both of the
principles in this little squabble.  I don't get either side of it.

Mark