Anybody see this press release?

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Anybody see this press release?
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 08:07:15 -0500
SOLO 2 PROGRAM RESTRUCTURES CLASSES
Topeka, Kansas (April 1, 2003) - In an effort to attract more participants to
SCCA's entry level program, Solo 2, there will be a redesign of the current
classing systems. Speaking through Howard Duncan, SCCA's New Program
Development Manager, Steve Johnson has fully endorsed this dynamic new change.
"We have seen the need to attract a wider range of participants and to achieve
this goal SCCA will be providing an expanded class distribution for all
vehicles." Starting January 1, 2004. Each model of each manufacturer will now
have its own separate class. "Our member have spoken on numerous occasions
about the ability to finish in first place and this is the perfect answer to
those requests." In small focus groups and surveys of the over 65,000 members
of SCCA, the response has been very positive. Said one member, "I always felt I
could win, I just need a class where I could come in first."
An additional benefit will be the reduced work by the various classification
committees and reduced phone call charges. Committee members are already
looking forward to a quiet and winning season for their own racing programs.
Should this program garner the new members as anticipated, it will be spread to
the Road Racing division of SCCA.

For more information, including full event results, visit www.scca.com.

-1-

[ In the News ]   [ SCCA Home ]
Copyright (r) 2003, Sports Car Club of America. All rights reserved.

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
image001.gif]