Re: Something about darkest before the dawn?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Something about darkest before the dawn?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 00:33:57 EST
In a message dated 4/5/03 12:34:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
washburn@dwave.net writes:

> O.K. - I have a right shoulder injury, so I'm sitting around the house
> unable to go to work, can't shift a car forcing me to cancel my trip to
> this
> Sunday's season autocross opener, I'm watching 6" of freakin' SNOW falling,
> and I can't help but looking out to the garage every so often to see my
> Swift DB-1 sitting there begging to be worked on.  (Can't touch it due to
> the injury.)
>
> Pity me!

I've been there...  On a Friday before an L.A. tour in '97, I was trying to
leave work early, and my esophagus closed up.  I ended up having a date with
a gastroenterologist and his endoscope, and spent the weekend in the hospital
instead of autocrossing.  All my friends were racing in L.A. and all I could
do was watch BART trains going in and out of the Fremont station...

I chalk it up to a lesson in the appreciation of life's finer times...

Charlie