SOLO2.ORG Project Z (first event)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SOLO2.ORG Project Z (first event)
From: "Chris Hammond" <christoc@christoc.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:24:59 -0500
Well I took her out for her first autocross today. The Nissan
recommended break in is 1200 miles, I had 1360 in the 9 days since I
picked her up.

Running on the stock rubber, wow, it was still amazing! The first clip
shows a good wide view inside the car, but due to the sun outside you
can't see a damn thing beyond the windshield. So for the other 4 clips I
had it zoomed in more, which didn't make for all that interesting of
video, but you could see the outside world a lot better. I had a mic
mounted to the rear license plate for sound pickup.

For next weekends event I'll have to get the camera adjust so that I can
get a good wide angle view inside the car and still see outside the
windshield!

http://www.christoc.com/movies/2003/April/27/350-1.wmv
http://www.christoc.com/movies/2003/April/27/350-2.wmv
http://www.christoc.com/movies/2003/April/27/350-3.wmv
http://www.christoc.com/movies/2003/April/27/350-4.wmv
http://www.christoc.com/movies/2003/April/27/350-5.wmv

For more information check out http://www.solo2.org/ later this week, a
Project Z page will be up and information will be posted on the main
page.

Chris
www.solo2.org <http://www.solo2.org/>