Re: What Turbo car for daily driver?

To: greendot1@comcast.net (Wentzel), autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What Turbo car for daily driver?
From: RHendr6343@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:50:18 -0400
I have a 2003 1.8T gas 180hp VW GTI.  I know it's not under $10k, but maybe you
could get an earlier (150hp) 1.8T Beetle or GTI for that.  Power really doesn't
come on until 2000 rpm (150hp cars may be different????), but once you're there
the engine is extremely flexible.  You can easily spin the tires off the line
and keep the traction control pretty busy.  I don't autocross it, but it is a
fun, comfortable car.  Fuel economy?  I get 25-26 city, 29-31 highway, about
what the sticker says.  Way better than my 3.0 Ranger pickup, slightly better
than my 90 VW Corrado 1.8 G60, but not nearly as good as my 93 Miata.

Rick Hendricks

.