Re: Complete ProSolo points....

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Complete ProSolo points....
From: "Charles" <golden1@britsys.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:20:33 -0400
The problem is that the Finale is a complete event by itself, with trophies,
prizes and contingencies based on just that event as well as counting
towards championships. To exclude anyone who is otherwise eligible to run
based on their mathematical chance of winning a championship is denying them
the possibility that the courses may suit them especially well, they might
drive exceptionally well, they may have improved their car setup through the
season, they had bad weather at the two pro's they had attended to qualify,
or they might just get lucky and win at that event. Then there are people
like us, where my wife is a better driver than I am, and the competition
level in my class is very high at the events we are able to attend compared
to other parts of the country, so I might not have a mathematical chance to
win a championship, but I still want to compete since I'll be there anyway,
I may beat some of the people with a mathematical chance because they ran
"soft" events, and my feedback can improve her chances.
Maybe there needs to be two events at Topeka, a stand alone qualifying event
open to everyone who is eligible but does not have a mathematical chance,
with the trophy winners transfering into the seeded by points Championship
event to determine the national champions?