Re: Path for ST cars to Progress (was: UD/BD Explained )

To: "J. Howell" <jbrett@PebbleMotorSports.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Path for ST cars to Progress (was: UD/BD Explained )
From: "justJOE" <justjoe13es@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:40:14 -0500
To me, the only logical class for my car was STS.  I had been competing for
years in (what was) E stock, but my car (1996 Integra LS) wouldn't turn
without a Fat rear sway bar.. and of course the rules said "no touching rear
sway bar".. so I put up with it. Until I couldn't stand it any more and
slapped the rear sway bar on my car. Now, where did that put me?  You got
it.. DSP.  What had I done to my car?.. Nothing (for the most part) other
than a rear sway bar. I continued to make modifications to my car, but
nothing near what DSP allows. I just missed getting in on STR, which would
have been cool.. same street mods, but R compound tires.. That would have
worked for me.. but no, that class no longer exists.. so the ONLY class left
for me is STS.  All I have to do is get some nice Street tires (Falken's)
and Bam.. I am all ready. Go figure.
Not that this is a NEW story.. mostly everyone that I competed with in ES or
HS are now in, or headed to STS.. and I don't blame them.. since the Mini is
now beating up on the car that was the "car to have", the 89-91 Civic Si.

Have a GREAT weekend!
justJOE Delio
1996 Acura Integra LS #13 STS  <NO VTEC>
Equipe Rapide http://autocross.com/er