Wendover Pro - big thanks to Gerry Terranova

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Wendover Pro - big thanks to Gerry Terranova
From: ktm@Unify.Com
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:29:37 -0700
Katie Elder and I want to express our thanks to Gerry Terranova for letting
both of us use his STS Civic.

Sunday morning, during Katie's second run, the left axle on our STS Civic
decided to separate into two parts during the downshift to first for the
turnaround.  This caused lots of smoke as the grease dumped onto the hot
exhaust.  The car was pushed off course, and I saw Gerry leaving impound - I
asked if Katie could use his car (also on Kumho MX's) for her last two runs.
Gerry said yes without a hesitation.  Katie managed to match, and beat
(although with a cone) her times in our car.  Thanks Gerry!!!

But Gerry's great sportsmanship didn't end there.  Katie ended up second in
L1, and offered Katie the use of the car in the Ladies challenge, and to my
surprise, offered the car to me for the Super Challenge.  Wow!

Katie ended up 3rd in the Ladies Challenge, due to a staging issue, other
wise would have ended up in the final pairing.  Apparently she liked Gerry's
car ;-)

Gerry stuck around waiting for my paring in the Super Challenge - I red-lit
by about 16 thousandths - which was good really, as we could help get Gerry
on the road.  I hadn't realized that his caravan group had already left!
This was above and beyond the call of being nice!  With help from Ralph
Elder we got Gerry's car changed and packed, and him on the road.

Gerry was great during all of this - we got to talk about stuff, as well as
Civic setup (we use _way_ different setups - but yet his car felt good,
almost better, than ours)

Thanks again Gerry! - Way above anything we could have expected.  Just goes
to show how friendly and helpful the Solo II community is.

Katie Elder & Kevin McCormick
'88 STS Civic