Re: How I advertise for SOLO 2

To: ".Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How I advertise for SOLO 2
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:02:08 -0500
I've always been leery of claims the Solo II Nationals were the largest
motorsports event on the planet, or even the largest automotive
competition -- but felt pretty solid at the claim of the world's largest
sportscar championship.

If memory serves, NHRA's US Nationals (this weekend at IRP) has more -- or
at least has had more. I recall numbers in the 1500-1800 range including
everyone from Top Fuel down to the 200+ Stock class cars and even throwing
in a few Jr. Dragsters. Of course, that would be like having the Solo
Nationals, Runoffs, World  Challenge and a Trans-Am all on the same venue on
the same weekend because an NHRA National includes everyone from the tip-top
pros to the most deeply-rooted grassroots racers.

That said -- good on ya,  Alan. I was watching the replay last night when
that popped up, and I just knew -- given the time of year -- what your
answer would be. It was obvious DeSpain knew what kind of event you were
talking about, but he had you explain it for the benefit of viewers who do
not. It was a good plug for SCCA and Solo II.

--Rocky Entriken