Re: Rendezvous movie????

To: Eric Linnhoff <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Subject: Re: Rendezvous movie????
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:04:32 -0700
On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 08:21  AM, Eric Linnhoff wrote:
> Several years ago I was able to locate and download a copy of Claude
> LeLouch's
> "Rendezvous" from the web.  The picture quality was terrible (hey, it
> was
> free) but the sound track was intact.  That was fine with me as all I
> wanted
> to do was play that beautiful 8 minutes worth of V12 Ferrari music and
> annoy
> my coworkers to no end.

You are talking about Claude Lelouch's famous 9-minute long
"Rendezvous" movie where Lelouch borrowed a friends Ferrari, strapped a
camera on the front and took a high speed drive through the streets of
Paris at daybreak:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0169173/
http://www.rendezvousdvd.com/

I first saw that in 1978 in a theater as a prequel to The Muppet Movie
of all things. If you think it's impressive as a web download you
should see it on the big screen!

> Does anyone know where I can either find another such free copy, or
> perhaps
> purchase a good copy on DVD for not-such-a-princely sum?

It is out of print in the USA. Amazon has a DVD for $65.00 in their
zShops and a tape for $139.95. However they are marking it up big-time
since the DVD is only #14.99 in England and they will ship to the USA:

http://www.dvdsource.co.uk/products/13010517

- Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl                                                 email:
alandahl@mac.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                         ICQ: 52688023
http://homepage.mac.com/alandahl