Re: Valvoline.com Gives SCCA a Bad Rap?

To: "Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valvoline.com Gives SCCA a Bad Rap?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:18:01 -0800
At 03:29 AM 11/4/2003, Charles R Schultz wrote:
>Are the comments on this web page fair concerning SCCA?
>
>http://www.valvoline.com/carcare/articleviewer.asp?pg=dsm20031001sr&coaid=23
>891E79A33
>
>I may be old, but I ain't rich. . .

I think so, specially considering that the article seems to be pushing one
organization's agenda. If you do attend a racelegal's 1/8th mile drag in
San Diego, you can see the average age is very young. Right in the same
parking lot, there can be an SCCA autocross happening. There are indeed
some general differences.

Though we have a wide range of age at an autocross, we also have a lot
higher percentage of older people (older as in over 25 years old) and
people with expensive cars. At racelegal, you have a lot of people under
25, if not under 20 years old.

I didn't get the impression the article was giving SCCA a bad rap, but that
it was more geared to marketing the racelegal type solution to street racing.

Randy Chase
http://www.conecam.com/rendezvous/
Rendezvous now on DVD!