Re: Insurance Question.

To: "Josh Hadler" <jhadler@rmsolo.org>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance Question.
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:58:46 -0500
At 05:24 PM 1/14/2004 -0700, Josh Hadler wrote:
>To those of you in Prepared and Modified cars (i.e. Non-registered cars),
>
>     Do you have some form of insurance on your car in cases of
>theft/vandalism/fire etc? If so, what company is it with? And if so, to what
>extent is the car covered? And what kind of premium is involved? Any help
>would be great.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Josh2
>
>jhadler@rmsolo.org

Josh,

Yes

Parish-Heacock Insurance
800 274 1804

Basically you can get whatever kind of coverage you want AFAIK. Rates are
VERY inexpensive compared to normal car insurance (assuming no "on track"
coverage).  We have coverage for the FF when it is in the garage at home
(most of the time) and when "on the road" on the trailer or in the
"paddock" at events. You set the value of the car (must be realistic, of
course).

Coverage is also available for property value of licensed vehicles (stated
value) and even "project cars" which are not currently licensed.

In our case we have the race car and two British project cars covered
within the minimum premium of $250 per year.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF