Re: New Auto X'er

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Auto X'er
From: Kevin Stevens <kevin_stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:13:48 -0800
On Jan 21, 2004, at 20:46, Rich Czapkay wrote:

> Hi all I just signed up with the San Francisco region SCCA to start
> autocrossing. The first date is Feb 1st. I am running my stock '99
> Dodge Neon
> R/T. Does anyone have any tips for a first timer?
> Rich

Print your name carefully on the registration card.  ;)

You'll want to sign up for the ba-autox list:
http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool, and post specific questions
there.  Some Neon pilots will undoubtedly tell you what air pressures
to use (post what tires you'll be using), and whether the Neon runs
better with a full or nearly empty tank.  My suggestion is to air up
the tires before arrival, it's a lot quicker to let out than it is to
put in.  If you haven't found it yet, the Bay Area web page is at
http://www.sfrscca.org, there is an abundance of info there as well.

KeS