Re: street solos

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: street solos
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:34:54 -0800 (PST)
I'm surprised that nobody has said anything about the Dogwood Grand
Prix in Knoxville TN. I don't know if they still run it, but it was
more fun it its earlier days. The last one I went to was probably 4-5
years ago. It is a part of their Dogwood Festival typically falling in
mid-to-late April.

They were always run on a downtown interstate "collector/distributor"
system, so these were limited access highway. The public watched from
bridges and along the roadway. It moved further south onto a different
road and lost some of the fun. The typical course was probably 2.5
minutes. It was so long (2+ miles) that you typically got ONE walk
during the half-hour the course was open for walking. No mod cars were
permitted due to speed, but Prepared cars were OK. Folks ran from one
side of the bridge to the other when Dan Popp went under. <G>

Speed in my Neon was 40-65-40-65-40... it's the only autocross I've
ever gone to where brake fade became an issue.

Bob Monday

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html