RE: Subject: Re: shop manuals

Subject: RE: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:33:13 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Eric Salem wrote:
> Clearly, Mark, you've never owned an odd-ball car. Let's say, just for
> the sake of argument somebody protests my backmarker FP 911 at Natz
> because the track is too narrow. Now just exactly where are you going to
> find a Porsche dealer that will work on, or have documentation for, and
> early 911. You won't in Kansas City and you won't in Omaha, Nebraska, as
> a matter of fact you probably won't anywhere in the country as most
> Porsche dealers won't work on, look at, or even change the oil on
> pre-1996 cars.
>
> Now that's for a car that still has an actuall functioning dealer
> network. What's a LBC person going to do?
>
> Ship Rocky's car back to Britian?
>
> Now that's a protest bond!

So how do you propose to fix it?  Require an out of print or unavailable
shop manual?

The PC has the ability to ask for other documentation as well.  If the
Dealer network doesn't have it, someone must.

Given our rules, the other option is to just not allow cars that can't
acquire specifications to run.  Somehow I think with that as the
alternative, people could find the track spec for a '73 Porche.

Mark