Re: A new spoon in the FSM pot

To: <eric@mail.brown911.com>, "'autox '" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A new spoon in the FSM pot
From: "Chuck" <golden1@britsys.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:17:24 -0500
???? Did you read the proposal before replying? The current rules already
require all stock based class cars to have available the FSM in case of
protest. All this rule does is make them available for the competition to
check out in impound BEFORE filing a protest so they can decide IF their
protest has merit and if it will be settled by specs available in the FSM or
not, I don't see how that would exclude cars >any particular age or put any
great burden on the competitors? IMHO without any references available,
impound might as well take place with the cars all closed up, or not at all,
I sure don't know what I'm looking at in a different make car, so I don't
even bother looking.
There are a weath of stock class cars competing presently that are 5-20 yrs
old, I can only assume the owners have the required documentation.
In the previous FSM discussions I haven't read anyone complaining about the
availability of FSMs for older cars, only for the most recent ones.
Non mass produced cars do not fall into a class where a FSM is now required,
therefore would not be affected.