Jr Kart Fuel

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Jr Kart Fuel
From: "Jeff Cashmore" <cashmo@cashmo.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:21:42 -0500
> I have a question about fuel. Methanol is the fuel
> listed for IKF in the Junior spec class. How many
> people are running that currently at SCCA events?

Not many that I've seen, meth is popular at the sprint tracks though.
Some have a 'pump around' system to avoid folks using nasty additives.

Most of us Solo types run gas in our 5 hp Briggs Raptor's for ease of
use more than anything.  Meth needs to be purged from the system at
the end of the day, pump gas doesn't.  However, gas gives a bit less
HP and is more picky about the air/fuel mixture.  I have to choke it
down to start it but then open it up after it warms up.  Simple
screw/knob on the carb.

Hope that helps,
Jeff