Re: [snakeriverscca] Classification Question

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [snakeriverscca] Classification Question
From: Scott Troyer - DDR TestEng <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 10:31:27 -0600
One of our member made an inquiry about the legality of a couple
of options on his BS 2003 S2000.  Could I get comment on this from
the current (or former) S2000 BS crowd?  I'm sure you guys know the
answer to this question.

thanks,

Scott Troyer
Snake River SCCA

jhinman2003 wrote:

> Can someone advise me on the classification of my car? I have two
> questions.

I'm driving a 2003 Honda S2000, with a spoiler and front lip added by
the dealer. The rules seem to say that since the spoiler and front
lip are not installed at the factory they are not permitted
in "Stock" category. (They are supplied by Honda, but only as a
dealer-installed option.) The exception is that if the parts are for
appearance and do not affect the performance of the car they are
permitted in "Stock." I'm not sure that these parts actually affect
the car performance, but I don't know that this is true. Does anyone
have an understanding of this rule as it applies to my car?