Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:58:48 -0500
Replies below.
Matt Murray

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchelltx@earthlink.net>
>> Perhaps a simple agreement to
>> disagree, but perhaps what Steve is putting out now.
> I'm not clear on what you're saying. Is Steve now telling folks
> he was treated
> rudely and/or threatened by SCCA?

Trust me, I don't know what I wrote there either.
Maybe I menat that he and SCCA agreed to not agree on Steve's
programs, and he is now moving forward with a revised/better
product.

>> Steve has a partner with C&D. SCCA has a partner with, ....
>> who?
> How's about Tire Rack? What are they, chopped liver? ;<)
> Jay

No, but C&D is a mass market publication. They hit the primary
demographic that Steve, SCCA, and anyone else looking to hit the
18 to 43 yo that likes cars marketspace. There's gold in them
thar hills.

Nothing against Tirerack (I get a ton of tires from them, and
recommend them to non Solo folks), but they are an advertiser in
automotive magazines, just like the imitation Tirerack wannabe
distributors. Their demo is anyone who drives a car and as a
couple of hundred dollars in their pocket.

As a side note to this marketing nonsense, I attended a class at
UConn a few years ago with the former head of marketing at
Snapple (retired nicely with a few bucks was doing the college
think for fun). His target demographic was: "If you have two lips
and a dollar, your it."