Re: ChaseCam Question

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: ChaseCam Question
From: John Willemin <john@oblivion.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:38:07 +0000 (UTC)
> Seriously, what's the right and/or cheap way to do video in autox now?  My
> primary concern is that operation be easy, particularly regarding whatever I
> need to do to start recording prior to a run.

The cheap way, is to buy a Chasecam + whatever mounts you need ($150
+$50?) and an old Canon MiniDV camera with the right input (analog?). You
can probably buy one of those pretty inexpensively. Since the camcorder
isn't doing the video part, it's just acting as a VCR, it doesn't matter
the quality of the lens or anything.

(to the best of my knowledge :) )

john