Robert Carpenter's post

To: evolution-discussions <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Robert Carpenter's post
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:54:50 -0500
>From the SCCAForums.
Matt Murray

Well I guess its my turn to say what I have to say and have that be that.

My name is Robert Carpenter if you don't know who I am by now. I first want
to say thank you to all the people that had nice things to say about me and
my character. Thank you and it makes me feel good to have that many friends.

1. I would do nothing to hurt our sport that I love so much. There are a lot
of great people in our sport that I have respect for and I would like to be
one of those people.

2. I am sorry so sorry to see so many people hurt by my decision to protest
the course. I would not have protested the course if I would have known what
the outcome would have been. Its not fun to be the one people HATE! When
Steve called me after I had started back home that was 800 miles away my
mouth just dropped and I thought I would have a wreck on I-75. I WAS VERY
SURPRISED that they decided to drop everybody's time on Sunday. I hope we
can get through this and I will be able to look you in the eye and not be
THAT GUY MR. DICKHEAD.

3. Its hard to sit and read how people that don't even know me say "he just
protested the course because he did not do that well or to get into the
money". Yes I did have to drive the course to see how fast I thought it is,
but how maney people said the courses were the same for Saturday as Sunday?
The Sunday course I had to go to third gear and I did not have to on
Saturday so how are the courses the same speed? I am not the best driver out
there but I do know that Sunday was faster in my car than Sunday. I would
never protest to improve my own possion in class and lets take time to look
at this I was third on Saturday and after not getting a clean run on Sunday
I went to fifth. I cannot talk about someone else but third or fifth it does
not matter to me it is still loosing to me. I race for first place.

4. I am the type of person that only wants to give back to the club that has
given me so much. I worked as the chef of impound and that job required me
to work every shift and I want to ask you. How many shifts did you work? I
only say this to let you see what kind of person I am.

5. Something had to happen, because I have been on a national scale for the
last seven years and I have seen courses go from having some fast sections
to this last weekend every corner was fast except one. This is one of the
hardest thing I have ever done, so if you don't agree please read the rules.
We all as competors read the rules as they effect our cars in the classes
that we run, but have you ever taken time to read 2.1 in the rule book? I
was concered that with he speeds that we saw on Sunday that people would
take these kinds of course designs home and try to design one on a lot
smaller than the one we saw. The course was a saftey nightmare and there
were several people that had a hard time stopping at the finish.

In closing please understand I did what I thought I had to do, so if you
want to rost me please know I am the guy with the funny glasses and teeth. I
love this sport and I hope you will except my apology in saying I would do
nothing to hurt your standing in class.You are my family and best
friends.......

Robert Carpenter