Re: KUDOS to the PC at fort meyers

To: "j g" <notstock@yahoo.com>, "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: KUDOS to the PC at fort meyers
From: "Chuck and Donna #42" <teampointless@britsys.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:49:31 -0500
If nothing else this protest and the resolution seems to have produced the,
I suspect, intended result of forcing the SEB to examine the speed/safety of
course design issue as well as the ambiguity of the rules governing such.
Hopefully some definitive rules will come from this, altho the course
protest at Oscoda last year didn't do so, so we'll have to wait and see.
I submitted a suggestion to Cindy and Howard last year that a national event
course designer certification and review program be instituted that would
require attendence at a course design school/seminar held in conjunction
with Nationals in Topeka to be certified to design national courses. I also
suggested that it should include a Course Designer of the Year recognition
for the season's best design. That honor would include being invited to
design one of the following year's Championship courses. The seminar would
include a peer critique of the season's courses, what was good, what didn't
work, and what could have been done differently to improve each. That way we
could be pretty assured of having a "National caliber" course to run on at
each event after traveling as far as many of us do to the events, and would
reduce the number of unsafe and "gimmick" features that are often souring
the national events.
Chuck