Re: Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances

To: MWood24020@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances
From: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:37:32 EST
Mike,
Speed is what the insurance people are looking at.  As the tire  technology
improves with better grip (chief example are the ST classes) the need  for DOT
slicks becomes unnecessary.  I hope others on this list more  technical than I
can provide a better answer.  My one thought is that the  breakaway speed is
reduced thus the car speed has to be kept down in order to  finish the course
quickly.  Remember that Solo in the early years did NOT  have DOT slicks in
the stock classes.

 I have been told that the marque clubs who have started street tire  stock
classes have seen a BIG increases in entries.

Jim