RE: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock

Subject: RE: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:28:59 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Chris Hammond (sccaforums.com) wrote:
> We all make choices, some of us make choices to buy R Compound tires and
> run in a Stock class, others choose not to. But forcing your opinion
> that everyone should not run R Compounds because some people don't want
> to buy them is absurd, it's like forcing ones opinion on other more
> inflammatory topics.

Is this kinda like forcing your opinion that everyone should run R
compounds because some people want to run them?

> There is nothing that says you have to run r compounds, so you get to
> choose what you run. There is nothing that says you have to drive fast,
> so you either choose to drive fast or you don't.
>
> Choices, it's what no one in this country wants to do anymore, make a
> choice and take responsibility for their "choices".

I see.  Please explain to me why you don't run in EM then?  Surely the EM
rules allow your car, and by your logic above that's an equally valid
place for you to go play, right?

There are good reasons supporting both sides of this particular debate,
but the stuff you write above is pretty much idiocy.  I don't know if its
on purpose or not, but idiocy it remains.

Mark

(who's written his own share of idiotic statments before, to be sure.  :-)